Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get an offer for my property's minerals?

If you are interested in selling all or a part of your minerals, LETS GET STARTED by contacting Bluerock Minerals. If you would prefer to call us, please dial our toll free number (844) 944-5283.

Does requesting a mineral rights offer obligate me to sell to Bluerock Minerals?

No. When Bluerock makes an offer, it does not obligate you in any way to sell your minerals. After receiving an offer, if you have interest in pursuing an agreement we encourage you to contact us right away. The value of a property can change depending on market conditions, such as oil and gas prices and industry activity. Because of that, we want to hear from you as soon as possible so we can commit to the purchase price.

Are there any limits as to how big or small my property is for me to request an offer?

No. Bluerock is set up to handle a wide variety of transactions sizes.

Do I have to sell all of my minerals interest?

No. We will tailor the transaction to fit your desires.

I am already leased. Can I still sell my mineral rights?

Yes. When we purchase your minerals, it will simply be subject to that lease.

I know that I own a mineral interest but I’m not sure exactly how much I own. Can I still request an offer?

Yes. Bluerock will work with you to determine the interest you own and the title review will identify your ownership interest.

Are there any tax advantages to selling my natural gas or oil rights?

Yes. Typically, a sale of minerals is considered a capital gain and royalty revenue is treated as regular income.  In some cases a landowner can save up to 20% in taxes through a mineral sale compared to receiving royalty payments. We have worked with sellers that have elected to utilize Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Service Code which permits investors to defer the payment of tax on the gain from the sale of property held for productive use in business, trade or investment, provided that the property is exchanged for a “like kind” asset or assets. Section 1031 creates a “safe harbor” that permits the taxpayer to have assurance that the transaction will permit the deferral of the capital gain tax payment. You should consult your tax advisor about your specific situation.